:: View topic - Select trees
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Select trees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syzygy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Select trees Reply with quote

Hello! Here, we will soon have a large lot in the 6000 m2, in which we would build a small house and fit with the rest of the trees, to rebuild a kind of small forest (the old trees have been cut almost all there 1 or 2 years). And also some trees on one side to be able to climb and make a cabin (children's dreams ^ ^). Basically, it has space and it can go pretty high. This is in Sologne, in the Loir-et-Cher, the terrain is rather sandy in places, a little uneven (or even sacked, for now, but we'll fix everything), and I do not think the soil is rich (well I'm not an expert, far from it). So here I've been researching, but I would like to find out what advice trees planted. We would love to get a result quickly rather nice course, with trees growing fast, but it is also a project in the long term, so here goes, a little of everything ... If you could also give me some advice on how to plant them, how they are divided, it is better to space them, preparing the soil before, advice bases also for beginners. So here's a list I have already done, tell me:cedar (the Himalayas, the Atlas) acacia maple cherry cherry eucalyptus gingko biloba (gunnii, niphophylla) Ash Basswood Beech Mountain ash alder albizzia charm (red, of corse) rowan paulownia oak (green) pine (umbrella) Thanks in advance!
Jardin du pic vert
plus de 6.000 plantes, arbres, arbustes         
pierre-yves
Administrateur - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, first, given the size of your project, and to avoid unpleasant surprises, you should do a study of soil and trees to choose depending on your soil. Prasol pine is a beautiful tree but I'm not sure he likes in your area.
hendy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: interesting Reply with quote

First, give a name to your site .. Each choice .. I would try the experiment step by trying to hold additional trees or shrubs rather different environment .. Your project is located in Zone 7-8 .. I think .. Why place of traditional cherry trees, ash, beech, etc. when you can easily find them in the area .. Find yourself in alien species (Ginkgo good choice) that can grow in the area .. Trees or shrubs .. the leaves, bark and flowers specials (Cornus nuttallii Cornus florida, Cornus alba 'Elegantissima' Crimson Crateagus Claud, Fagus sylvatica purpurea forma, loebneri Magnolia, Magnolia tripelata, Ilex, Phellodendron, Acer platanoides palmatifudum .. etc. ..) J ' have observed in parks during trip to France .. Pack your seedlings, cuttings, and transplants marcottages. Some companies offer horticultural training activities .. The knowledge of the participants often help to the discovery of place selling rates very interesting .. The pleasure is not in haste but in the project design and research .. ** .. ** The creator fast-growing trees will disappoint you because they take their resource to the surface and are therefore the roots and problem .. They quickly exhaust the soil .. example .. willow, alder, some maples, etc. .. Take your time .. A soil may restrict amander gradually and perfect .. example .. forest compost, shredded leaves and branch plant growing nitrogen fixing .. In my area when it cuts down a tree it shreds branches and foliage .. Imagine the great forest compost obtained and often looking for places to s' dispose .. Good luck and enjoy yourself ..
Syzygy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: