:: View topic - Tree selection / birth
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Tree selection / birth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ybouhours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Tree selection / birth Reply with quote

Hello everyone, As new to this forum, I come, I m? Yohann calls and I live in Mayenne (53-Pays de Loire). I am also a fan of bonsai, I practice for 6-7 years now. Here I come to you to choose a tree that I want to plant on my property after the birth of our son. So I have a location of 8m by 8m on which there is nothing else than the lawn. It is a sunny spot all day. If I plant in the middle of the square I'm about 5 meters from the house and 5 meters from the neighbors. I think at a height of 6 meters max, because we are still in the subdivision. And no conifer ... I want to have a tree that would be more masculine. At first I thought a Ginkgo (j? Love this tree, yes I know it is a conifer but hey this is an exception) but given the dimensions I do not know if I can limit its growth in height (in cutting the tops for example to enlarge it). What do you think? Otherwise we would like a small tree (or large shrub) in clump or not, who would have beautiful colors of autumn, and possibly flowers in spring. That I think I have given complete information and I thank you in advance for your answers. Yohann
Jardin du pic vert
plus de 6.000 plantes, arbres, arbustes         
Hommenature

Location: Goegnies-chaussée (pas loin de Mons- Hainaut Belgique)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Yohann, Little Thing Botanical already, Ginkgo is not a conifer (even if it is part of even broader group of gymnosperms, which includes it and conifers) Why not think of Pyrus calleryana Chanteecler flame port, superb Autumn color, beautiful spring blossoms and green leaves open during the summer In the same idea tschonoski Malus (although the greatest subjects above 10 me in general it remains to 7m) port column, beautiful flowers, beautiful fall color .. Pascal
ybouhours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hommenature Hello and thank you for your answer. The pyrus we had thought, but after discussion with my wife, we have rejected. In fact we no longer want a tree with a trunk itself, but rather something with a bushy, clump or less. And I begin to think about ginkgo, because I saw that an existing bushy cultivar: ginkgo biloba "globus". You know, what do you think? Otherwise I think it will be an acer palmatum, can be a senkaki. A + yohann
Yjdo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Japanese cherry trees? there are many that combine the three components: spring flowers in autumn colors, wearing flared, easy to grow, attractive trunk ....
leoia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ybouhours hello, watch out for Japanese cherry trees that have some problems with the armillary soon as they are cut or injured roots (for lawnmowers and other tools). Longevity is less. @ Soon leoia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: