:: View topic - choice of planting
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
choice of planting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yvon laliberte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: choice of planting Reply with quote

hello, I have a few acres of land available and I would like to make a plantation. I would like to plant fir Christmas but some people tell me that a clay soil is not recommended for fir. thank you, Yvon
Planfor
Pépiniériste naisseur, près de Mont-de-Marsan (dép. Landes), depuis 1983 : jeunes plants dans des mottes forestières
REGIS59

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ok for clay see link below (helardot) http://jeanlouis.helardot.free.fr/page_epiceas/picea_abies.htm
waxphil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvon, Culture of the Christmas tree is a pretty "heavy", not very environmentally friendly. This is more a cash crop that the establishment of a forest, or even a "wood" or "grove". I had the opportunity to let nature take its course a few years on small plots, and after the brambles and other plants that give a look "unmaintained" ... I have now a young and beautiful or small forest "wooded strip," in which I have only to make a selection because the trees have settled on their own, are adapted and resistant, and are already beautiful. I am aware that I would not be there to see beautiful specimens .... but this young "forest" is very promising. Now if you really want to do the Christmas tree, I find now that the market for spruce is losing ground in Nordmann fir (which hardly loses its needles, but did not smell fabulous spruce. When the clay soil, it is not, in my opinion, a real problem if it does not dry too (but just the clay has the advantage of keeping the water well). Should just that you make choices .... depending on your goals for these acres available ....
leoia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello to you, your experience is very interesting waxphil, should share it to explain that it is the vegetation that settles spontaneously which is the best for the ground it occupies. The real pro board are always listening ... yvon laliberte, usually when you have a question for the choice of a plantation, you can also get advice from the CRPF http://www.crpf.fr/leoia
waxphil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience is also passed by the CRPF .... I remain quite disappointed .. they apply (maybe not all .. I hope ..) rules that are very general and are of sacred damage especially rural landscapes. They are still not good technicians .... but only technicians .... who lack a comprehensive and truly objective. As for my experience, I am ready to share it .. no pb!
leoia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waxphil salvation, the sense of my argument also applies to people of CRPF who would do well to emulate what you did. Why not invite them on your piece of land? Some think let nature is to do nothing. In fact you show us that we can invest in nature, work with and reap the rewards. It's a beautiful story that seems obvious. The advice of this organization are in line with the commercial operability, so directions are taken in this direction when planting and continue maintenance and end at the cut. (We experimented with varieties royalties, they are treated against some parasites, eradicate spontaneous vegetation, and sell the survivors painfully). In this kind of perspective, they are of good advice but can we blame them and continue to follow a method? I'm sure there are people in their homes open to new farming methods. Their look is a bit too oriented corridors laboratories currently. But that may change. We must wait for nature to be profitable. Having a choice of what you can do a piece of land without hearing the echoes of the financial investment is a freedom and luxury. It takes courage to be free. That's what you did. Cool For now a good tree for a forest is a tree that grows right to make beautiful boards for good or go to the unrolling machine. If in addition a small genetic change can decorate the whole, it's great. It remains you to file a patent for your method of operation, open a consulting firm and give recommendations to the CRPF: invest in a piece of nature! Thin, it is I who have advised the CRPF:? Gasp! Rolling Eyes in fact, I've never understood why the poplar rust? Embarassed would there be a technician CRPF on this forum to explain that? Wink thank you for the info @ and more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: