:: View topic - that planting near a septic tank?
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
that planting near a septic tank?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viviane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: that planting near a septic tank? Reply with quote

hello, I would like to plant near the driveway to the house and about 5 meters from the septic tank (see photo) a small ornamental tree if possible clump. The soil is clayey, no stone, wet winter, but the terrain is slightly sloping. I love maple and charms but I do not know their root systems. What do you suggest? :
Jardin du pic vert
plus de 6.000 plantes, arbres, arbustes         
cojema

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not to plant hydrangeas if the area is shaded (or north-facing) ... c is very beautiful in bloom and the plant likes moist soil
Florent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad we do not know the show. You can type in all the Viburnum if you are in partial shade, otherwise I know V. tinus supports full sun. See also among Hydrangea (as indicated cojema), Mahonia and Weigelia, varieties according expo. The situation seems a little too exposed for a Japanese maple, in this case it is better to go to the Korean /Chinese (pseudosieboldianum A., A. ginnala, A. davidii) less sensitive to the sun and wind. No problem for the charm that is very tolerant. If you want to limit its root development for fear of the pit, just hold the air (by pruning) to modest dimensions. Include the charm of Korea (Carpinus Coreana) which has a small development (smaller than C. betulus) and beautiful fall colors. Somewhat in the same vein there is the purple beech (Fagus sylvatica purpurea), but you must love the purple and the association is not always simple: other foliage gray /blue and purple /red. For an ornament by the hazel stems ago tortuous (Corylus avellana 'Contorta'), also very tolerant (grafted) and easy to cut. Here are some ideas but among the shrubs the choice is vast ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: