:: View topic - My eucalyptus suffered severe frosts
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
My eucalyptus suffered severe frosts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbecq Nathalie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: My eucalyptus suffered severe frosts Reply with quote

[size=18] [col:wink:or=darkred] [/color] Hello! I'm worried! After heavy frosts, long enough, and sometimes even -10 -15 several nights of winter, spring is the result browning of leaves, many of them dry and fall .. It is a tree of 7-8 years with a height of -10 to 12 + meters ... The cut, the topping would help it to take effect? Do you think it might have a chance to'' give'' of this cold? I care a lot! Thank you [/[[/??img] [/url]
Jardin du pic vert
plus de 6.000 plantes, arbres, arbustes         
REGIS59

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I fear the worst for Eucalyptus, too much frost this winter because of these trees had not really hardy here. Cutting back the only solution, a clean cut to 10 cm of soil and a prayer to restart ....
pierre-yves
Administrateur - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I confirm:for -10, -15 for several days, as during the winter of 1985 in France, eucalyptus, like the mimosa, do not support.
valjo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, well I'm also worried for my eucalyptus, we had frost but not high res long and where I tell myself that frosts were not so strong is that my mogniolia which is a side to him is blooming and it is very beautiful. My eucalyptus him, did all the leaves brown but even when I shake the branches and leaves do not fall.
leoia

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: gel Reply with quote

hello Valjo, news of your eucalyptus? Regrowth in feet? leoia.
Jasina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I also have a eucalyptus gunnii exactly one, and I thought hardy to - 15 . Anyway, this is what was said about the small plug that was with when I bought her about 3 years. He plucked in the middle, the leaves turn red and fall.
chauveau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: eucalyptus gel Reply with quote

Hello, And to a large eucalyptus, 8M at least 10 years? All the leaves are brown. There is something to try? the blind or I and I plant another variety more rustic? Thank you in advance for your advice. Paul
Yjdo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always expected in June but before taking irreversible decisions must wait until the tree recovers from the jelly: he must redo root louse that secondary buds are supplied in Alsace I've had several, I order, even resistant deemed not stand in the damp cold that kills more surely than dry cold. the same E. niphophila eucalyptus snow can not resist: they take 10 years and then a bad cold after a rain, or a sudden chill after snow melt. , It kills them without pushing good luck!
Jasina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, For my part, I really want to fold the arms of my gunii that look like feather dusters. But hey I keep it anyway and we'll see. Here it is very windy and more so when it's cold it multiplies the effects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tree care All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: