:: View topic - Planting aspen, hornbeam, ash and beech
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Planting aspen, hornbeam, ash and beech

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerom77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Planting aspen, hornbeam, ash and beech Reply with quote

Hello, Well, a friend of mine wants to buy land, but the developer has planned planting at the back of the subdivision of a series of trees that can become large and potentially create too much shade (warm house with the sun) - careful I said I have great respect for trees and especially those great majestic trees. But ideally, should not these trees exceed 20m. Species are provided:* Ash * Beech * charm * shakes My questions:* I'm surprised because the landscape has planned to plant these large trees only 5m from each other! This proximity can influence the final height of the trees? (Competition) * how growth should be expected (m /year)? The plants are, for example ash:mote mesh 10-14 (I do not know how big it is). If needed I can forward the site plan trees. Thank you for your help. Jerome
Planfor
Pépiniériste naisseur, près de Mont-de-Marsan (dép. Landes), depuis 1983 : jeunes plants dans des mottes forestières
Landscaper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Your friend will not be too bothered by the charm. Other species are likely to rise very high (over 20m), so be careful. By cons they will take time to reach this height. Actually 5 meters of planting distance is not much, even very little:twisted:. The double was the bare minimum? . This means concurrency between them and therefore they will grow faster to seek light. I do not know if I answered your questions, and especially I do not know what is the remedy for your friend. Friendly.
Jerom77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, There is no use since it has not yet bought the land. For now he tries to negotiate smaller species! Do you know tell me what size is "rootball 10-14" for planting? And do you also consider how old ash, beech and aspen may reach 20m and 30m? (Magnitude of course). Or is it 30m to 30m or 20 years to 50 years? Thank you, Jerome
Landscaper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again, 10-14 mesh Motte:The mound is fenced and the tree trunk has a circumference of between 10 and 14 centimeters to 1m crown. What surprises me is that this is a small ash tree will be planted. For growth, it is hard to say, and also does not believe anyone who tells you that such a tree up to 30m in 20 years, because many factors come into play:the earth, exposure, climate, concurrency, etc. ... For example, if the ground is wet marshy see, one can shake up to 20 m in 10-15 years. As if the earth is rather "dry" it will grow very slowly. Friendly.
Landscaper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pasterminer the second line! I said what surprises me is that dimensions are normally 2 in 2 (10/12 12/14, 14/16). Friendly.
Jerom77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to you Landscaper
cojema

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for beech and hornbeam, no problem! for aspen, c is a wound ... j have the edge field, and roots are common ... I n keeps cutting emissions coming out of everywhere! aspen or pushes the soil is moist (c is a little family of birch, poplar I think). in addition, when there is wind, it makes a constant noise because the leaves are falling ... I personally do without much m
cojema

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v. Clearly, s is also called aspen poplar of water I think! I confirmed that the roots are creeping like bamboo, even worse ... also, its wood is not great heating power .. brittle branches are short, only disadvantages. only advantage, most new shoots have roots in general subsurface, therefore, if the ground is wet, it's fun to root them out by hand ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: