:: View topic - Some limes are they sterile?
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Some limes are they sterile?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peyronelle

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Some limes are they sterile? Reply with quote

hello, I have a lime tree planted in November 1999 that does not always "lime" is normal? thank you for your help
Jardin du pic vert
plus de 6.000 plantes, arbres, arbustes         
pierre-yves
Administrateur - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello you mean it does not flower, so fragrant and pleasant during this season and are harvested for infusion. I saw yesterday in a park full (small-leaved linden) and they attracted bees. How old is he your lime? cdlt
Peyronelle

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lime tree was planted in November 1999, it is a "small" collected near a big linden tree which blooms every year, he had between two and three years (I think) thank you for everything.
Florent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possibilities: 1. The subject is too young (linden blossoms sometimes after 10-15 years of age) in this case a little patience, it may flourish from one year to another. 2. The subject is "degenerate" (the spontaneous seedlings are not always consistent with the mother plant> that can never flourish) In both cases the literature is unfortunately not rich enough for accuracy. ..
Hommenature

Location: Goegnies-chaussée (pas loin de Mons- Hainaut Belgique)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello J opts more for the subject too young. Planting at the disadvantage that we must wait for flowering to that of the lime addition. The fact that it conforms to the foot or not adult seed has nothing to do in my view. No sterility is only an accident that we sometimes Pascal
Florent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hommenature wrote:
n Sterility is only an accident that we sometimes
It is assumed that I was sending. And I'm not sure this is so rare, otherwise it would not take such pains to graft almost always (at least that's what I understood the interest of the graft ...). But I recognize that the word "complete" is perhaps not the right.
Hommenature wrote:
J opts more for the subject too young. Planting at the disadvantage that we must wait for flowering to that of the lime addition.
Yes, do you have any information about this "flowering age" species by species? I really tried without much success, remembering that my father had recently shot down a lime tree about fifteen years (purchased in nurseries), he was desperate not to see it flourish (at the time, his hypothesis was limited to "bad plant" and flirted with my knowledge none) ...
Hommenature

Location: Goegnies-chaussée (pas loin de Mons- Hainaut Belgique)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just goodnight transplant to hasten flowering in the age of the tree and to keep the characters consistent with what we want. Also because some species do not form a beautiful n trunks or ports are not regular .. but not in this case for reasons of sterility I am looking to put the first flush depending on the species, but some do not flower until after 20 years Pascal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: