:: View topic - Sycamore Maple
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Sycamore Maple

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OHLUND

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Sycamore maple Reply with quote

Hello Which characteristics do you identify a sycamore maple ideal for a luthier, before shooting? thank you for your answer Axel
Planfor
Pépiniériste naisseur, près de Mont-de-Marsan (dép. Landes), depuis 1983 : jeunes plants dans des mottes forestières
leoia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Axel, false notes, no one is jostling to answer your question is very technical. The simplest would be closer ... ... A luthier who has used this wood. Some ideas: The nature of the soil, territorial origin and genetics, age of the subject. Observe plant health (injuries, discharge, irregular growth ...) maple and examine its immediate surroundings. Moon phase for slaughter, and the method of drying prior to milling. And the answer is not satisfactory. If you've had since new, please let us know. This is a fascinating subject, the life of trees, after ...
Yjdo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, one day a German timber merchant, who was eyeing a few maples insistently of a forest, I was told that there were no rules: he had to cut to show "the wave" ... my understanding of German was not very strong, I have not been able to understand more precisely what this famous "wave" walking in the woods ... and the price tenfold.
waxphil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axel, I'm not at all an expert in violin, but I quite agree with some of the comments Leoia. In the forest (forestry), we know that the quality of a tree (its trunk) is its price. The main quality is "the look of the trunk" .... and savvy buyers know the identify of the first look! For you, you can already, by careful observation, you can already try your maple by quality criteria. Already injury on the trunk, all traces of fungal attack (see the base and along the trunks where fruiting bodies crytogamiques,, traces of "rot"), a malformation of the trunk etc.. ... can break the value of the tree. Other items that you can observe ... - The tree has it been pruned properly? - Is the trunk as straight, the most regular and as long as possible? (Some "bumps", "curves" along the trunk can testify to "shield" that the tree made in his trunk, which can depreciate). - His crown he proves healthy and vigorous? - ..... Many criteria that go in the right direction ..... When the wave .... then I do not know ... but assures you that your trees are mature before cutting them, and think about the regeneration of your forest plot for which he is intéressanrt of keep seed nice .... Also think that if you sell a standing tree, what will happen to your forest ecosystem ..? (Damage) .... Here, I can tell you about it more .... do not hesitate to ask me questions ... But take the time to think before cutting down a tree ... or "x" years? In fact, they have what age your sycamores?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: