:: View topic - Tree caramel
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Tree caramel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landscaper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Tree caramel Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I just bought a house 25 km south of Toulouse. Note that I am trained as a landscape and I am currently responsible for a common green space. My question Cercidiphyllum japonicum. I intend to plant one on my property, only I've never seen or even planted "for real"Embarassed. Someone who has one he can find out about its root system, its maintenance, need water, fertilizer, its port in adulthood, etc. ... Confused:In advance thank you. Wink
Planfor
Pépiniériste naisseur, près de Mont-de-Marsan (dép. Landes), depuis 1983 : jeunes plants dans des mottes forestières
REGIS59

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening I have planted a few years ago in cool soil and clay, its growth is slow, it tends to branch low with several stems. I cut last year to form a single trunk. The juvenile leaves are very susceptible to spring frost. Yet that little tree planted is worth a look.
Landscaper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Tree caramel Reply with quote

Hello, Thank Regis59. It supports good pruning? In your opinion, was there an aggressive root system? Puts you on the compost or other soil to acidify the ground at its roots (I read that it has beautiful fall colors if the soil is slightly acidic)? If the leaves are susceptible to freezing, after they leave? Excuse me for all these questions but I would not be wrong and have to replace in a few years. Friendly.
REGIS59

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodnight The root system is not aggressive, a little compost to the foot, for planting, ground fresh and it seems to suit him. New leaves replace shoots blackened by frost.
Landscaper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Thanks for the info my "ch'ti". One more question, does it support pruning? Friendly.
REGIS59

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening Why ask if a tree ornament size is! If you plant a tree in the right place ie within a reasonable distance and imagining that your plant will be 10 15 or 20 meters high and 8 meters wide in adulthood you should never cut it. (. How many trees are mutilated by ignorance or stupidity .. ..)Rolling EyesA tree does not need to be cut in order to thrive, rather it is the beginning of trouble. (Except pruning in his youth). Cordially
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: