:: View topic - And Magnolia .....
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
And Magnolia .....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugswife

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: And Magnolia ..... Reply with quote

Hello all. My boyfriend and I would like to plant a tree that we'd do a bit of shade in the summer but mostly we hide a vis a vis all year. Beautiful mom told us a evergreen Magnolia is beautiful, it smells good and persistent I bah epilogue not good ... Here is only after visiting the nursery grows very slowly magnolia tree 6/7 years hardly reached the trunk of 1.50m for a 6/8 in diameter, then certainly it takes a little patience and we hope not pluq that we provides shade next summer but a tree that grows faster would be appreciated nonetheless. What would you recommend? Here are some guidelines:clay soil in depth rather wet, live in 02 in Picardy (Climate blah lol) Small garden of 100sqm while not too large as an adult who does not lose its leaves (very important) planted to about 2 meters of Party Wall and 10 meters of the house, a terrace had come (under construction) so they are not destructive to the roots Budget:300euros maximum (no minimum lol) ca I know a lot but I would take any suggestions. We would like to buy the ideal size of a tree already "honourable" without either it has already 10 years. It after all this magnolia you think is the best choice we can do, then what? and they all are persistent?
Planfor
Pépiniériste naisseur, près de Mont-de-Marsan (dép. Landes), depuis 1983 : jeunes plants dans des mottes forestières
hendy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: magnolia Reply with quote

I have two magnolias .. Magnolia loebneri with some plugins and Magnolia acuminata Magnolia tripetala It measures 5 to 7 meters of a graft with huge leaves bloomed last year. http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=5&u=13685666
romaco82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trees that lose their leaves I do not know. To protect neighboring why not put a rather large shrub than a tree?
syber1999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for an evergreen magnolia is the magnolia grandiflora. There are many cultivars and generally there are large areas (2-3m) in garden. It has no big requirement with soil and exposure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: