:: View topic - Liquidambar in small garden: bad choice?
 Forum Index
Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile 
Liquidambar in small garden: bad choice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NathB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Liquidambar in small garden: mauvaix choice? Reply with quote

Hello, I live in Yvelines near Paris in a small town house with a garden of 90m2 facing south-west and surrounded by walls in which I've already put a gym set for children and there is a 20m2 trasse envron. That leaves us with a lawn of 60 m2. I feel like a tree because the scenery is gloomy malgrés the beautiful Virginia creeper on wall. We had planted a pear tree but it was ugly and languished (limestone soil it seems ..) I decided yesterday on a favorite from a garden center for a Liquidambar Styrciflua "Stella". The leaves remind me of the Japanese maple tree that is my favorite but I can not soar with me (too much direct sunlight, soil clcaire). The Liquidambar is sold for a width of 4m and a height of 10m but I fear it becomes too bulky for our garden and its port is more conical. I hesitated with a Judas tree, but I let myself be influenced by the comments of my friend who found it too similar to the trees "Town" you see along the streets. Thank you for your opinion J PS:I do not think the garden center will resume its shaft (Truffaut) but I can give it to my neighbor. Because it is a beautiful tree and still have top 3m
Jardin du pic vert
plus de 6.000 plantes, arbres, arbustes         
REGIS59

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello I can advise the planting of a Japanese Flowering Cherry (Prunus Sargenti or serrula) a Soap (Koelreuteria paniculata), or a maple (Acer pseudoplatanus'Brilliantissimum ') among others .. trees to develop small to mid-calcareous soils.
NathB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Thanks for your reply. It is true that the Japanese cherry trees are beautiful but I think their growth is slow and I want my children to benefit from the tree before they left home. Your opinion about the Judas tree? The garden offers me a specimen on rod high enough and I am tempted
resus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: to see a plant 12 years Reply with quote

see the post about (What is this tree?) the liquidambard
Vendome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Choice of trees All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: